Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Life is a series of roller coasters.


Roller Coasters

I don't mind a roller coaster. There are a lot of ups and downs, twists and turns, sometimes it flips you completely upside down, but you always seem to be going somewhere even if the end result is you are right back where you started from. You get off the coaster and continue on to the next ride.

Life is full of roller coasters.
You need to sit back a take a deep breath and depends on how crazy the ride maybe you need to say a prayer that you
make it through in one piece.




You may find that you are not healthy enough to get on a roller coaster. At that point you will have to do your best to avoid them at all costs. When life starts to flip you upside down, center yourself with a book, writing about it, prayer, or you may already have something that works. Force your mind back on level ground. When people come to you with their ups and downs and they do not directly involve you, maybe the best thing for you both is to redirect them to someone who likes roller coasters. Don't let people pull you into the middle of their problems unless you can handle being there.

Ok here is what I don't like. I rode one of these a year ago thinking no probem. I lay down on a glider looking thing, It's semi slow, and goes in a real big circle. I can handle that. Um the short answer is no! Just a few minutes on that ride got me so dizzy and sick that within 10 minutes I was curled up in a near by retail store restroom ..... after 10 to 15 minutes in the restroom I tried to regain stability. Left the rest room only to find myself back in there about 10 minutes later. Was driven home by a friend and spent the rest of the night in the comforts of my Own bathroom. Last I could recall it was 3 am and my head was still spinning. Never again! The problem for me and these types of rides. It scrambles my head. It doesn't seem to be going anywhere and hours after the ride is over your head won't stop spinning. I can not even handle watching someone doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results. When people willingly get on rides such as these. The ones that take you in circles, They go no where, leave your head spinning, and you are sick to your stomach. I wonder if they ever feel like they are dog chasing your own tail?

So, What happens when you catch it? It only hurts you.
Have you seen people who try to get the dog to stop? Yep sometimes they get bit. Guess the dogs reasoning is, it's my tail I can bite it if I want. So unless the dog is seriously hurting himself the logical thing to do is let the dog chase it's tail. So why are some of us compelled to try to get the dog to stop. For me, probably so I don't have to watch it myself. Watching just makes me dizzy and sick. I don't know what I would do if my own dog did this. Would I have to give it away to save myself from the pain or could I learn to watch without getting sick? Why should I go through the suffering till I find out? Because I love the dog.....

I am old enough now to know watching is not good for me so I would make the hard choice and give up the dog, maybe to some kids that think it's funny and record it to put on youtube. In other words I need just stay completely away from these types of rides.

Give me a Roller coaster any day. Eventually, I will get older and at some point I will have to give up roller coasters too.

2 comments:

  1. For me it is having to space myself from it. Remembering that sometimes I am just watching someone else on the ride and I am not on it myself and I have to do some mental exercise in which I relax everything that I didn't realized was tensed in the first place. Sometimes though that is really much easier said than done. LOL
    The one that always got me was the boat ride at frontier city.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some rides go go fast and end so quickly you don't realize you were even on it till it's over.

    ReplyDelete